Video of Capadocia

I love strange places, the other day I was looking TV and they showed a breif video about this place in Turkey called Cappadocia, I never heard about it, but I got flashed about this incredible place, so I decided to look for information and post an article in my blog.
Cappadocia is a rocky landscape constructed by three volcanoes. The area is a famous and popular tourist destination, as it has many areas with unique geological, historic and cultural features. The Cappadocia region is largely underlain by sedimentary rocks formed in lakes and streams, and ignimbrite deposits erupted from ancient volcanoes approximately 9 to 3 million years ago.The rocks of Cappadocia near Göreme eroded into hundreds of spectacular pillars and minaret-like forms. The volcanic deposits are soft rocks that the people of the villages at the heart of the Cappadocia Region carved out to form houses, churches, monasteries.
Hope you like the video and photos of Cappadocia! a fantastic place!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...